Alta Gracia Newz


September 16, 2011

Harley Davidson's roar into Alta Gracia.


I have a confession to make.
I have always wanted to be a biker chic, you know the girl that you see riding on the back of a Harley Davidson, with her arms wrapped around a muscular, sleeveless shirt, overly tattooed, bald , bandanna sporting biker with a hook earring. Yep!! That’s pretty much the description. Although if I had my choice, I would go more with the Sam Elliot look.
 I can’t for the life of me explain the attraction that I have for this particular group  of  characters that caravan from town to town,  arms and legs stretched out long, with their very intimidating engines ,  and an effortlessly cool look that clings like static, making  pit stops at local bars , just to take off again into the wild blue yonder.
    What is it about a Harley Davidson that makes people look and listen?  Is it the unmistakable sound of a Harley engine?  Or is it the cowboy -ish  name “Harley Davidson” that invokes a certain coolness?
 Perhaps, it’s the sleek chromed design of each bike , or maybe  it’s the Harley Davidson lifestyle?
 It could be just that which  attracts many, including myself , to the Harley Davidson mystique, the lifestyle and it’s mantra  “Live to ride”. Can’t get any clearer than that!
By the way, what do these bikers do for a living? Do they work? Tattoos are not cheap and neither is chrome polish! 
An e-mail  arrived from the Alta Gracia Tourist Board announcing the arrival of 150 Harley Davidson bikers in our main plaza.
Of course I immediately ironed my official  Harley Davidson  “tres cool” T-shirt, charged the battery in my camera, and took off with my dog Indiana Jones to welcome the bikers.
Now, personally speaking, I don’t think that you have lived, until you have witnessed  the  thunderous roar of 150 Harley Davidson bikers driving through the main street of a small town.
There is only one word that could best describe this event, "AWESOME".

Lareo
279 Boutique Bed+Breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment