Alta Gracia Newz


April 23, 2010

EX-PATS

I'm often asked by my guests, what made me move to Alta Gracia? The truth is I never really have a stock answer to give them except to say that I really loved Alta Gracia and wanted to stay. That was 5 years ago when I was the only foreigner walking in the center of town while being eyed by locals. The speculation and mystery of who I was and what I was doing in Alta Gracia seemed to be preoccupying to many. Go figure!
Quite frankly, at times, I felt like some kind of misplaced being.
 Today, I am happy to say that I am joined by several fellow Americans who have also planted their feet in Alta Gracia, and to my surprise, a strong French community of ex-pats.
How did they discover Alta Gracia?
Their reasons are a collection of different stories that have brought them here and just as I did, they found something tying in Alta Gracia and decided to stay.
The fun part is that both American and French Ex-Pats have formed  a lovely group, which recently grew in size with the latest couple joining us from Canada.
 An exciting discovery about our French friends... they sure can cook! Pates, quiches, rillettes de porc, tarte tatin and North African dishes, all this delicious food accompanied by some of Argentina's finest wines. So between our French, American, Argentine and Canadian friends, the International cuisine in Alta Gracia has taken on a deliciously exciting realm.
 We happily welcome Vietnamese, Japanese, Thai, Italian, Greek, Ethiopian, and Syrian friends to our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment